We have come to a very serious time on this planet when toxins are rampant. The air, water, food and soil we use are full of chemicals; chemicals that are extremely harmful to us and the life of our unborn. We are dying from auto-immune disease and the like as a result. It is the responsibility of every parent to see that his or her children get the best possible start – both physically and spiritually. The offspring of future generations depend on us.
Foods to Avoid
- White sugar and white sugar products, including corn syrup and fructose. Fructose may remove copper from the bones.
- Bleached white flour, and white flour products
- “Wheat” flour: this is usually a mixture of mostly bleached white flour with a small amount of wheat. The label should read whole wheat flour, or stone ground whole wheat. Whole is the key word.
- All soft drinks. Even the carbonation of these soft drinks leaches out calcium, not to mention the artificial or refined sugars, chemicals and caffeine. NEVER use “diet” sodas (or foods). Aspartame (Nutrasweet) is a neuro(brain)-toxin.
- Refined cereals. ex. chemicals used to package, & preserve … refining, sugars …
- Highly salted foods, chips, pickles processed meats, olives etc.
- White rice, with the exception of Basmati / Texmati rice
- Hydrogenated oils and saturated fats (most margarines). For butter why not make “Better Butter”? In a food processor mix 1 lb. of butter to 1 cup each of olive oil, and coconut oil. Blend til smooth. I also add 1 teas. or so liquid lecithin. This tastes very good and gives you daily EFA’s. Be sure and keep it refrigerated, because it melts faster than butter.
- Peanut butter that is highly processed. Peanuts are grown with cotton and therefore are sprayed with both pesticides. They both, cotton & peanuts receive over twenty different sprays. Organic is best if you eat peanuts at all. Peanuts are very hard on your pancreas.
- Heavily processed meats: bologna, hot dogs, salami, bacon, corned beef etc. Anything with sodium nitrate, nitrite, or MSG. “Excitotoxins” (neurotoxic = brain toxin – much evidence that they are responsible for many auto-immune disorders. )
- CHECK YOUR LABELS! The following ALWAYS contain excitotoxins: glutamate (usually monosodium glutamate, MSG), aspartame, autolyzed yeast, or yeast extract, caseinate ingredient names containing “hydrolyzed” L-cysteine. The following FREQUENTLY indicate the presence of excitotoxins: broth, flavors, flavoring, protein, seasoning, spices, natural flavors. Eat primitive!
- Canned goods that contain any of the “no nos” on this list. With canned vegetables you might as well drink the fluid in the can and throw away the other ingredients to get any real food value out of it.
- Chocolate, all candy, ice cream made with chemicals (commercial “old fashioned” usually is the least adulterated)
- Canned goods are generally not good but if you use them use those that are devoid of chemicals or sugars READ LABELS!!
- Do NOT use Safeway milk products!! Correction: Safeway finally listened to our complaints and removed the bovine hormone from their milk cows. Safeway milk is now safe to drink. Click here to read more.
- Coffee, tea, alcohol
- Raw meat, or fish (i.e. sushi)
- Fried foods
- “Instant” foods
Foods to Include
- In place of sugar – Maple syrup, honey, unrefined sugar used sparingly, blackstrap molasses, fruit syrup, juice, & dates as sweeteners.
- Whole Grains, flours and products (Fresh ground is Best) If weight is a concern modify grain use. Spelt is a good substitute for wheat sensitivity.
- Natural fruit juice, in moderation, (can really put on the weight) and vegetable juice (Fresh made with a juicer and drank immediately is Best)
- Natural vegetable seasonings, sea salt, kelp (high mineral content); Salt (celtic or Real Salt®) to taste, not excessively.
- Brown and wild rice, Basmati white rice is fine also.
- Oils, cold pressed, unrefined. Olive, & sesame are always cold pressed. Palm, & coconut oil. Many people are finding good butter supplements through good oils esp. olive oil. Butter is better for you than margarine. Avoid Canola oil.
- Clean meats (not pumped full of antibiotics/hormones.), if you can grow them … or buy from those who do.
- Carob sweetened with fruit juice or dates
- IF you have eaten ALL your protein and greens – Ice cream … natural variety “Breyers” or “old fashioned” , although with sugar is somewhat better.
- Some herb teas … Ask me if you’re not sure of toxic herb content. READ LABELS! Even chamomile and peppermint can be toxic in pregnancy.
- Natural, unprocessed products. Ann example would be if buying instant potatoes. Instead, buy fresh and bake them. Baking retains many of the minerals, eat the skins for potassium if organic. Sweet potatoes are much better for you due to glycemic content.
- Baked, poached, steamed or stewed foods. Veggie steamers are a good investment!
- Use stainless steel or glass cookware. Aluminum causes disease, and Alzheimer’s may be one of those diseases. Aluminum is Toxic. Silverstone or Teflon comes off into your food.
- Fresh is best – the more processed the food the less nutritional value.
- Reads labels and become familiar with non-foods and toxic chemicals. Then avoid them. Protect your family!
- Organic is more nutritional than non-organic.
- Eat for health and performance (energy, not esthetics.)
- Learn the language of your body’s nutritional needs.
- On times that you ignore suggestions 1-4, for goodness sakes, enjoy it!
- Always drink at least 2 quarts of water per day!!! (Preferably, drink half your body weight of water in ounces)
You may not feel it now – but you will feel the results of your good or bad eating habits later. And remember to always thank God for, and ask Him to bless your food.
2 Corinthians 9:6, Galatians 6: 7-8